Friday, March 28, 2008

Trainline Hiking

Sunday came around once again. The word Sunday most often serves as a synonym for hiking, yet today I didn't like the look of the sky. It wasn't raining, but the clouds were just daring me to make plans. So I did that other synonym for Sunday, which is sit on the sofa with tea and book. Somewhere along the way, an idea nudged it's way between sentences.


So Miki and I biked down the hill to the train station. This being March 23, or 3-23, we bought a ticket for close to that sum, which was 320 yen, and got off at the corresponding station for a day of unadulterated ambulation.


Now it's your turn. Go forth and roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond! Just do me one better by not forgetting your camera...



On the turntable: "The Complete Stax-Volt Singles 1959-1968"

On the reel table: "The Scarlet Letter" (Wenders, 1973)

No comments: