Saturday, March 02, 2019

Running off to the Circus...




...And happy to see that they’re using fewer animals. I’d like to think they’re phasing out that part of the show. (And after all, the athleticism of the human acrobats is far more interesting.). One positive aspect I suppose is that it appeared that the trainers had a loving relationship with their animals, though my heart went out to the aging elephant and lion. I hope that as the animals age, they won’t be replaced.

As it is, I found it a good teaching point to discuss with my daughter man’s inhumane treatment of animals. That said, I think she found them the most memorable. And maybe in that lies the secret, that as young children begin school and their own societal domestication, the animals give them a glimpse of the wild that still struggles to survive within.

  

On the turntable:   Jeff "Tain" Watts, "Watts"

No comments: